Reminder: Changes to Medical-Related Exemptions
Effective October 1, 2009, sales and use tax law changes were made to exemptions for drugs and certain medical equipment and devices. These changes are reflected in the following regulations:
- Section Tax 11.08, Wis. Adm. Code, "Durable medical equipment, mobility-enhancing equipment, and prosthetic devices."
- Section Tax 11.09, Wis. Adm. Code, "Drugs."
- Section Tax 11.17, Wis. Adm. Code, "Hospitals, clinics and medical professions."
- Section Tax 11.18, Wis. Adm. Code, "Dentists and their suppliers."
- Section Tax 11.45, Wis. Adm. Code, "Sales by pharmacies and drug stores."
Last updated July 7, 2011