Unsolicited E-Mail Policy
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) does not initiate taxpayer communications through e-mail.
- DOR does not request detailed personal information through e-mail.
- DOR does not send e-mails requesting your social security number, PIN numbers, passwords or similar access information for credit cards, banks or other financial accounts.
If you receive an e-mail from someone claiming to be the DOR or directing you to the DOR site,
- Do not reply.
- Do not open any attachments. Attachments may contain malicious code that will infect your computer.
- Do not click on any links that direct you to a website other than the Department of Revenue's official website.
- The Official website for the Wisconsin Department of Revenue is http://www.revenue.wi.gov.
DOR will respond to general e-mail inquiries about tax law or a taxpayer's account with an email response.
Last updated September 16, 2010