Integrated Property Assessment System (IPAS) Project
What is IPAS?
The Integrated Property Assessment System (IPAS) is a multi-year process improvement and computer system project that will eventually replace the State and Local Finance (SLF) Division's current processes and systems to:
- increase efficiency;
- provide easy access to data for internal and external stakeholders.
Many SLF computer systems are more than 25 years old and are not integrated which creates inefficiencies. Many have exceeded their life-cycle.
Tyler Technologies has been selected to provide their commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software as the platform for DOR's IPAS System. DOR and Tyler are modifying the base product to meet SLF and stakeholder needs. Initial work has included:
- manufacturing property assessment and related e-filing;
- Real Estate Transfer Return e-filing, internet access to data, and related automation;
- Tax Incremental Financing (TIF) processing in IPAS;
- Other Equalization and Local Government Services Sections processes;
- E-filing of numerous other forms.
State and Local Finance (SLF) Division
This Division is responsible for:
- establishing the state's equalized values;
- assessing all manufacturing and telecommunication company property for property tax purposes;
- assessing and collecting taxes on utilities, railroads, airlines, mining, and other special properties;
- and providing financial management and technical assistance to municipal and county governments;
- state shared revenue;
- property tax relief payments for municipal services and the lottery credit program;
- tax incremental financing programs;
- property assessment administration and certification of assessment personnel.
Page last updated August 19, 2011