August 21, 2014
TO: Certified Assessors
2014 Exempt Computer Report Review
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) is providing the preliminary 2014 Exempt Computer Report (ECR) data for your review. The reports were produced from the computer exemption values you reported on or before August 15, 2014.
- Preliminary Municipal Exempt Computer Values
- Preliminary Tax Incremental District (TID) Exempt Computer Values
Reviewing the reports
- If the values properly reflect the true cash value of computers you reported by the June 9, 2014 filing deadline, or a subsequent filing prior to August 15, 2014, you do not have to review further.
- If the values appear in error, or have changed since your initial filing, you should file an amended ECR.
Deadline for Filing an amended ECR - August 30, 2014
- You can only file a 2014 amended ECR if you filed the original ECR by June 9, 2014
- If you file an amended ECR on or before August 30 – DOR will include those values in determining payment for the current year
- If you file an amended ECR after August 30 – DOR will include the difference between your original filing and amended filing when determining payments for the following year
- You must electronically file an amended ECR
- ECR Instructions – review for more detailed information
Note: If you did not file an ECR by June 9, 2014, the taxation district will not receive a Municipal or TID exempt computer aid payment.
If you have questions, contact the Equalization Bureau District Office in your area.
August 22, 2014
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of August 25, 2014. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.