January 28, 2014
To: Certified Assessors, Public Assessor List, County Real Property Listers, Treasurers, Clerks, Register of Deeds, Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
The 2014 Wisconsin Property Assessment Manual (WPAM) is now available on the Department of Revenue (DOR) website.
The Revisions section lists all changes that include the following:
- Chapter 1 - updated USPAP information
- Chapter 5 updates:
- DOR worked with our county and municipal stakeholders to develop the changes
- Created a standard process when a county adopts a new system and changes all parcel numbers
- Chapter 11:
- Added information on agricultural classification during floods or droughts
- Added municipal assessor provides all (including class 3 Manufacturing) conversion charges to County Treasurer
- 2013 Act 20 law changes:
- Chapters 4, 15, 22 and Glossary - changed Exempt Computer Report (ECR) filing deadline to the second Monday in June
- Chapter 5 - modernized land records
- Chapter 6 - removed managed forest land rates from program
- Chapter 9 - updated state assessment of commercial property
- Chapter 11 - added student housing exemption
- Chapter 22 - added charitable organizations exemption
- Chapter 15 - added billboards / advertising signs valuation
- Chapter 22 - added energy systems / biogas exemption
- Throughout - removed grain storage tax information (repealed)
DOR also discussed the WPAM updates at the November 2013 Assessor Schools.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Page last updated February 7, 2014