To: Primary Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind assessors that you are required to provide assessment data to us completely and promptly, under state law (sec. 73.03(5), Wis. Stats.). If you still need to submit your 2013 data through the Provide Assessment Data (PAD) system, review the following deadlines.
Deadlines for submitting your 2013 sales and assessment information:
These deadlines apply when you use the PAD system to submit individual sale information and when you send an electronic file to DOR.
- February 14, 2014 – Deadline to submit sales and assessment data into PAD for the preliminary Assessment to Sales Ratio report
- February 19, 2014 – DOR distributes preliminary Assessment to Sales Ratio report to assessors
- March 14, 2014 – Final deadline for assessors to submit 2013 assessment data into PAD
- March 14, 2014 – Final date to notify DOR of any 2013 assessment data corrections that are needed due to entry error
- April 30, 2014 – DOR distributes final Assessment to Sales Ratio report to assessors
- May 1, 2014 – Deadline to submit stratified assessment data to Equalization Bureau District Office for consideration in economic changes
- July 1, 2014 – PAD system is available for entering sales and assessment data for 2014 sales
If you submit an electronic file, contact us to test the file layout before the deadline.
- If you need to make changes to the data entered into PAD, you can make them during the same week you initially entered the data
- If you need to make changes after this initial week or you need help using PAD, contact the Equalization Bureau District Office in your area
- Instructions for using PAD are available on our website
Please inform your District office of any new municipalities you are assessing in 2014, or any municipalities you assessed in 2013 that you no longer assess.
We appreciate your continued efforts to provide verified, accurate, and timely information.
Page last updated February 6, 2014