January 30, 2013
To: Primary Assessors
As of Monday, January 28, 33% of the 2012 sales loaded to the Provide Assessment Data (PAD) system have assessment data. State law requires assessors to provide this information to the Department of Revenue (DOR) completely and promptly (sec. 73.03(5), Wis. Stats.). If you have yet to provide assessment data for some or all of your 2012 sales, please remember the following deadlines to submit 2012 sales and assessment information:
- February 22, 2013: Deadline to submit sales and assessment data into PAD for the preliminary Assessment to Sales Ratio report
- March 01, 2013: DOR distributes preliminary Assessment to Sales Ratio report to assessors
- March 29, 2013: Final deadline for assessors to submit 2012 assessment data into PAD
- April 5, 2013: Final date to notify DOR of corrections to any 2012 assessment data entered in error
- July 1, 2013: PAD system becomes available for entering sales and assessment data for 2013 sales
The deadlines above apply to submitting individual sale information into PAD and submitting an electronic file to DOR. If you are submitting an electronic file, please contact us to test the file layout before the deadline.
Assessors can make changes to data entered into PAD during the same week the initial entry was made. If changes are needed after this or you need help using PAD, contact your District Equalization office. Instructions for using PAD are available on our website.
Reminder: Please keep your District office informed of any new municipalities you are assessing in 2013, or any municipalities you assessed in 2012 that you no longer assess.
We appreciate your continued efforts to provide accurate and timely information.
Page last updated December 30, 2012