Withholding Data Exchange Program
NOTE: The new filing frequency data should be available for the data exchange on The first Thursday in January.
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is pleased to offer payroll service providers the opportunity to verify certain data from their clients with a data exchange program in an electronic file over the internet.
The Wisconsin implementation of the FSET Data Exchange standard will serve 4 functions:
- Add's - Used when a Payroll Service Provider (PSP) gets a new client and wishes to inform the Wisconsin Department of Revenue of that contract. This will also obtain/verify the current withholding filing frequency.
- Applied For's - When the PSP has a new client that has a FEIN but does not know his/her state Employer Identification Number. This will also obtain/verify the withholding filing frequency.
- Annual Filing Frequency change/verify filing frequency (FKA Annual Scan).
- Withholding number conversion from 999999-9 legacy format to new Wisconsin Tax Number (WTN) 036-1234567890-XX format (effective September 2, 2008).
Links below provide information about this new process. To correctly view the schema and sample instance document you will need to use Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher.
There are 4 types of files included in the downloadable Data Exchange package:
- Various xml schema files
- Sample exchange files
- Data Exchange element analysis spreadsheet
- Document describing our data exchange program
This system is for authorized users only; system access is monitored. By using this system you expressly consent to this monitoring. Evidence of unauthorized access will be provided to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
January 6, 2015
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of January 6, 2015. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.