Tax Incremental Finance (TIF) (sec. 66.1105 and sec. 60.23, Wis. Stats.)
Municipal Base Year Packet
To create a Tax Incremental District (TID) you must submit a completed base year packet to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR). We use the submitted information to establish your district's base value and to verify you followed proper legal procedures.
Town TIDs created under state law (sec. 60.23, Wis. Stats.), have additional requirements that must be met:
- In the year before the year the town adopts a resolution, the following two criteria must be met:
- Sewer service is or will be provided before use or operation of any improvements
For more information, please visit our Town TID FAQ.
- If you create a TID after October 1, you must complete and submit the packet forms to DOR on or before October 31 of the following year based on the creation date
- DOR does not start the process of certifying base values until after January 1 of the year following creation
- Tax Incremental Financing Remittance Fee – After you notify DOR that your city/village created a TID, we will send you a bill through "My Tax Account"
Completing the packet
It is essential that you accurately complete the forms, since mistakes could mean your TID does not get certified. Use consistent identification numbers on the forms and required maps.
|Checklists – follow when completing the packet|
|PE-109||TID Application Checklist – lists the forms you need to complete|
|PE-222||TID Creation Resolution Checklist – identifies information the local government body must provide in their resolution|
|Forms – complete with valuation information for the property within the TID|
|Excel format||This Excel workbook contains all the necessary forms. For best results, open the workbook, save it to your computer and then complete the forms.|
|PE-207||Guide to Wisconsin's Tax Increment Law - Creating a District|
|PE-212||Tax Incremental Finance - An Intergovernmental/Private Partnership|
|PE-213||Municipal (City/Village/Town) TIF – Joint Review Board Information|
|PE-215||Municipal (City/Village/Town) TIF – Common Language Guidelines for Project Plans|
|PE-221||Municipal TIF Districts Timeline for Creation|
|66.1105||Tax Increment Law|
|TIF Manual||City/Village Tax Incremental Finance Manual|
To send your completed forms by email, click the Attach Documents button.
Note: This opens an email to attach the files.
Complete and return the appropriate forms to:
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Attn: Office of Technical and Assessment Services
PO Box 8971, MS 6-97
Madison, WI 53708-8971
Phone (608) 266-5708
Fax (608) 264-6897
Email additional questions to email@example.com
August 28, 2014
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of December 29, 2014. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.