Third Party PreparersAbout | Getting Started | How-to Videos | Using My Tax Account | Wage Attachment Payments | TRIP | Troubleshooting
Step 1: Enter Logon Info
- Each My Tax Account user needs his or her own logon ID. Enter a unique logon ID, password and email address. For security reasons, don't share this information with anyone else.
- Question 11: Are you a 3rd party preparer? As an independent accountant or an owner or employee of an accounting firm, select Yes
- If you had a WAMS ID or My Tax Account ID previously, but can't remember it, select Forgot your Password? on the My Tax Account login screen.
Step 2: Authenticate Customer Information
- Complete the Customer Access Request using the accounting firm's information. Independent accountants, organized as sole proprietors, may use their personal information.
Step 3: Authorization Code
- After completing the steps above and submitting your registration, you will receive an email containing an authorization code. You will need to enter this authorization code the first time you log in to My Tax Account.
Step 4: Request Access to Client Accounts
- Log in to My Tax Account and select Add 3rd Party Account Access. Select one of the following options:
Client is registered for My Tax Account
The account owner must register for My Tax Account before you request access. When your request is processed, the account owner will receive an email with instructions to approve your access.
Client is not registered for My Tax Account
You must have Form A-777a or substitute form signed by the account owner. Keep a copy for your records. This form provides approval to file returns and access tax account information through My Tax Account. Do not send Form A-777a to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Customer Service Bureau
Mail Stop 5-77
P.O. Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: (608) 261-5338
Fax: (608) 267-1030
Email Additional Questions
Last updated January 4, 2013