Notice: The WT-7 XML schemas were updated to FSETV4.4 effective December 5, 2011. This update incorporates two kinds of changes.
- You can now request an extension electronically. You may be required to submit extension requests electronically.
- Form WT-7 has been changed to separate Forms W-2 from Forms 1099. This affects two elements in XML:
- new element of how the Forms 1099 were submitted (electronically or paper), and
- change to the NumberOfRecords element to allow you to separate Forms W-2 from Forms 1099.
Wisconsin employers and/or their representatives may transmit the Employer's Annual Reconciliation of Wisconsin Income Tax Withheld from Wages data in an electronic file over the Internet. This process is intended for participants who (1) have technical expertise to create and validate an XML document or (2) are using software that provides that service. This process:
- Is secure for receiving formatted electronic transmissions of employer's annual reconciliation data
- Is in XML language using a Department of Revenue web server
- Offers web GUI and scripted transmission methods
- Allows one or more returns per XML file
- Allows zipped transmissions
- Does not use SOAP or MIME enveloping processes
- Has two transmission options:
- HTML based over SSL using 128-bit encryption
- secure FTP
- Sends acknowledgements within one business day
- Is available using the electronic funds transfer (EFT) debit and credit payment processes
- Incorporates work done by the IRS and the Federation of Tax Administrators standards group (FSET)
Sample Instance Documents (.xml)
Analysis Documents (.xls and .pdf)
Software Developer's Guide
This system is for authorized users only; system access is monitored. By using this system, you expressly consent to this monitoring. Evidence of unauthorized access will be provided to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS - FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Mail Stop 4-224
P.O. Box 8933
Madison, WI 53708-8933
Email Additional Questions
March 23, 2015
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of March 23, 2015. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.