Mapping Instructions for Electronically Filing a WT-6 Withholding Tax Report
The following items refer to the XML Elements by the same name. The Element number (in parentheses) refer to the line numbers on in the WT-6 Batch Payment analysis spreadsheet. The final piece of information is the XPath to the element in the schema.
Employer and Report InformationRefer to items on Form WT-6
- Tax Account Number - this is a 15 digit number beginning with 036 NOTE: It is extremely important that you use the full 15 digit account number assigned by WI DOR. Use of any
other number/format will may result in delayed processing or misdirected payments. (Element 27)
- FEIN - Your Federal Employer Identification Number (Element 22)
- Calendar Year - This is combined with Period Covered (Element 31)
- Filing Frequency - This is not used in electronic filing
- Period Covered by This Report - This is combined with Calendar Year (Element 31)
- Employer Name (Element 23)
- Employer Address - This is not used in electronic filing
- Employer City - This is not used in electronic filing
- Employer State - This is not used in electronic filing
- Employer Zip - This is not used in electronic filing
- Wisconsin Tax Withheld (The liability, this amount may differ from the amount actually paid, it is important to file the WT-6 on time,
even if you cannot pay the full amount at the time of filing, you will accrue interest on amounts not timely filed, but you will avoid
penalties associated with late filing). (Elements 33 and 34)
You will also need to include:
../ StatePayment/AddendaRecord/TXPAmount/SubAmountType = "T"
- Name of person signing the return - This is not used in electronic filing
- Title of person signing the return - This is not used in electronic filing
- Date signed - This is not used in electronic filing
- Telephone number of the person who signed the report - This is not used in electronic filing return
Payment Information for EFT Debit
- What type of account Checking or Savings? (Elements 17 or 18)
- Payer's Bank Routing Transit Number (RTN) (Element 19)
- Payer's Bank Account Number (Element 20)
- Payment Amount (Element 21)
- Requested Settlement Date - If you would like your electronic payment held (warehoused) to a future date, enter that date here.
This is an optional element, if you do not include it, we will process the payment upon receipt.(Element 25)
Additional Information Required for Electronic Filing/Payment
Header (Addressing) InformationThe first 8 Items are located in ../TransmissionHeader/
- recordCount - Indicates the number of WT-6's included in this file.
- Jurisdiction - Always use "WI" for Wisconsin.
- TransmissionId - This is a unique 20 character number (see spreadsheet for exact makeup/formation of this number). It is the unique number used to identify/track your file.
- Timestamp - This is the date and time when the file was created.
- ETIN - This is a 5 digit number issued by the IRS for transmitters of electronic returns.
- EFIN - This is a 6 digit number issued by the IRS to originators of electronic returns.
- ProcessType - "T" means this is a test file, "P" indicates a production file.
- SubmissionId - This is a unique 20 character number (see spreadsheet for exact makeup/format of this number). If your file contains more than one WT-6 Withholding deposit report or payment, this number must be unique for each. ../ReturnState/SubmissionId
Additional Electronic Payment Information
- Not IAT Transaction - The ACH Banking system is required to track foreign transactions. Wisconsin Department of Revenue does not initiate
foreign sourced ACH debit transactions. You are required to certify that this electronic payment did not originate in a foreign bank.
Febuary 13, 2013
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of July 30, 2014. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.