Withholding WT-6 and Batch Payment Electronic File Transmission
Notice: The WT-6 XML returns will use WIFSET 4.4 effective 5:30 p.m. on January 4, 2013.
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is pleased to offer employers the option of paying via this secure Internet process. Employers, and/or their representatives, transmit payment data in an electronic file over the Internet.
This file allows employers to send an electronic funds transfer (EFT) for the full amount of payment along with the information necessary to identify the amount that is credited to each individual employee.
The file transmission:
- is a secure process for receiving payment and information of wage attachment payments
- is in XML language using a Department of Revenue web server
- offers a web GUI and scripted transmission method
- allows one or more return payments per XML file
- allows zipped transmissions
- does not use SOAP or MIME enveloping processes
- offers two transmission options:
- HTML based over SSL using 128-bit encryption
- secure FTP
- sends acknowledgements within one business day
- is available using the electronic funds transfer (EFT) debit and credit payment process
- incorporates work done by the IRS and the Federation of Tax Administrators standards group (FSET)
Important: Change log for WT-6 Batch Payment XML Schema
Sample Instance Documents (.xml)
Analysis Documents (.xls and .pdf)
Software Developer's Guide
This system is for authorized users only; system access is monitored. By using this system, you expressly consent to this monitoring. Evidence of unauthorized access will be provided to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Technical XML Only:
All Other Questions:
Last updated December 18, 2013