Employee Wage Attachment
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) offers three methods for submitting wage attachment payments.
Online Payment (ACH Debit) - My Tax Account: Wage attachment payments can be made using My Tax Account.
If you do not currently use My Tax Account, you may register by going to Getting Started.
eFile Transfer (ACH Debit): Third-party software is needed to make an XML file to DOR specifications. This file includes:
- Your bank account and date of payment transfer. DOR will request payment from your bank.
- Your employee and the payment amount you are sending.
- This file is securely sent through the Internet to DOR. For more information, go to revenue.wi.gov/eserv/wage/index.html.
ACH Credit: The ACH credit method allows you to transfer payments by telling a financial institution to take money from your account and credit the state's bank account. For more information, contact your financial institution. Additional information is available at revenue.wi.gov/eserv/eft2.html.
Benefits of Using My Tax Account:
- Current Employee Information: Every employee with an active DOR issued wage attachment is listed by name and partial social security number. The withholding amount or percentage to withhold, original issue date, and current amount are shown. All you enter is the amount withheld for the remittance period.
- Release Status: The wage attachment is released and a release letter has been sent.
- Employees that have a satisfied wage attachment will be shown for 60 days after release. If you have withheld wages for an individual who has a zero balance, you may either give the money back to the employee or enter the amount withheld and DOR will send a refund to your employee.
- Warehouse Payments: You select a date, up to 30 days in the future, to have the payment withdrawn from your bank account.
- Edit Entries: You can edit wage attachment information when payment is still in a pending status.
- View Wage Attachment History: A history of payments and employee updates is stored.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Central Collection Section
P.O. Box 8960
Madison, WI 53708-8960
Phone: (608) 264-9956
Fax: (608) 261-8978
Email Additional Questions
Last updated December 12, 2012