Additional Detail Information of Schema Elements for Wage Attachment Payments
State Transmission Header
- Transmission ID - The transmission ID is a 20-digit number that uniquely identifies each transmission. It is made up of your ETIN + 4-digit year + 3-digit Julian Date (January 31 is 031) + unique (for the day) 8-digit sequence number.
- Timestamp - Time the file was created. Note: The timestamp requires an offset from GMT. Central Standard Time is 6 hours behind GMT so January 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM CST would be "2012-01-10T11:02:23-06:00".
- Transmitter/ETIN - The ETIN is a 5-digit number issued by the IRS to return transmitters. If you do not have an ETIN, use "99" plus the last 3-digits from your federal EIN.
- ProcessType - "T" for a test file, "P" for a production file.
- DebitType - Use "SingleDebit" for wage attachment payments.
- Contact Information - Information on who DOR should contact if we have questions about a transmission.
- SoftwareID - Optional, something meaningful to your software developer, maybe a version number or name.
- AckAddress - This is the email address where the Acknowledgement will be sent.
Payment Instrument: ACH Debit
- RoutingTransit Number - Transit number for bank from which payment is being made.
- Bank Name - Name of bank from which payment is being made.
- Bank Account Number - Account number from which payment is being made.
- Account Type - 1 = Checking account, 2 = Savings account.
- Account Holder Type - 1 = Business account, 2 = Personal account.
- Account Holder Name - Name that the account is listed under.
- Debit Amount - Total amount of payment being made for ALL employees.
- Origination Date - Date of payroll payment is being made.
- Requested Settlement Date - Date payment is to be submitted to Department of Revenue.
- Type TIN - 'SSN' for Social Security Number or 'FEIN' for Federal Employer Identification Number of the employer.
- TIN Type Value - Tax identifier number of the payor. NO DASHES.
- Payor Name - Business or individual name of the employer.
- Title - Title of the contact person.
- Full Name - Name of the person to be contacted if there is a transmission problem.
- Phone - Phone number, including area code, of the contact person.
- Email address - required as Confirmation or Failure Notice of transmission will be sent here.
Tax Payment/Employee Detail Information:
- Type TIN - Type of identifier of employee for which payment is being submitted. As wage attachments are only possible against individuals, this should always be 'SSN'.
- TIN Value Type - Actual Social Security Number of employee. NO DASHES.
- Taxpayer Name - Name of employee for whom payment is being made.
- FTA Code - Will always be 150.
- State Tax Type Code - Will always be 30.
- Tax Period End Date - Final payroll period included with this payment.
- Tax Liability Amount - Amount being paid for this employee.
Last updated December 12, 2013