Changes made to Sales Tax Schema
January 20, 2010
- CountyType - Changes were made for the addition of Fond du Lac County (an enumeration value of "20 Fond du Lac") was added
to the CountyType simple element declaration.
- NotIATTransaction checkbox added to Remittance section. There have been recent changes to the payment system rules for electronic payments. The Wisconsin Department of Revenue does not initiate debit payments funded by a transfer from a financial institution outside the U.S. so each debit request must state that the transfer is not an IAT transaction.
November 21, 2008
- CountyType - Changes were made for the addition of Clark County (an enumeration value of "10 Clark") was added to the CountyType simple element declaration.
July 23, 2007
- Remove enumeration value "Add" from purpose attribute to SutFilingType — Previously we allowed two types of amended returns, one to replace the original/prior return and one to provide additional information to the additional return. The Add (additional) option was never used and was eliminated. The "Replace" option remains available.
- The way you initiate ACH debit payment is changing. Previously, the customer entered an EFT ID and password and DOR retrieved the banking information from the EFT registration system. This required the customer to register for and enter their banking information into the EFT registration system. The change is that the customer's banking information will now be transmitted with each return, so the dependency on the EFT registration system will go away. The /Remittance/EFTID and /Remittance/Password will be replaced with /Remittance/RoutingTransitNumber, /Remittance/BankAccountNumber and /Remittance/AccountType.
- The body of the email acknowledgement will change (to be a valid XML document) and a new acknowledgement schema is published. Previously, the body of the email message contained XML elements but there was not an acknowledgement schema and the body of the message was not a valid XML document.
- Rejects — The elements and format of the error reporting is changing — Please see related documentation.
- Testing — The existing test site will convert to the new return schema and acknowledgement schema on October 1, 2007.
- Production — The current schemas will remain in effect for 2007 returns due in January 2008. The existing format will be accepted through 11:00 PM CST Saturday February 2, 2008. The sales tax e-file transfer system will then go off-line until it comes up with the new schemas at 8:00 AM CST on Monday, February 4, 2008. After this point, prior period returns will be accepted including amended prior periods) but they must be in the new format and they will be acknowledged in the new format.
March 12, 2007
- CountyType - Changes were made for the addition of Rock County (an enumeration value of "53 Rock") was added to the CountyType simple element declaration.
June 27, 2006
- CountyType - Changes were made for the addition of Florence County (an enumeration value of "19 Florence") was added to the CountyType simple element declaration.
January 14, 2004
- CountyType - Changes were made for the addition of Wood County (an enumeration value of "71 Wood") was added to the CountyType simple element declaration.
June 4, 2003
- EmailType - Changes were made to the pattern value of the "Domain Name Email Address" to allow for more than one period in the domain name.
- CountyTotalSalesType, FootballStadiumSalesType, BaseballStadiumSalesType are replaced with JurisdictionSalesType (corresponding type name changes made to elements in SalesTaxType). (No change to instance document).
- SateUseType, CountyTotalUseType, FootballStadiumUseType, BaseballStadiumUseType are replaced with JurisdictionUseType (corresponding type name changes made to elements in UseTaxType). (No change to instance document).
- PreparerType removed and attribute added to Preparer element in SUTFilingType. (No change to instance document).
- FinalReturnIndicator element removed from SUTFilingType, and replaced with attribute named "finalReturn". (This could change the instance document).
- AmendedIndicator element removed from SUTFiling. This information was redundant with SUTFilingType attribute "purpose". (This could change the instance document).
- Added DecimalType that would allow a negative number. All elements using dollar amounts have been changed to use DecimalType (and thus negative amounts) EXCEPT the EFT Payment Amount.
- Defined SoftwareIDType and added SoftwareID element to SUTFilingType.
- Added "Form ST-12" to existing enumeration value "Wisconsin Sales and Use" of "type" attribute of SUTReturnType.
- Defined PhoneExtensionType and added Extension element to ContactType.
- Removed "Correct" enumeration from "purpose" attribute of SUTFilingType.
- NameControl element renamed to "Name".
Page last updated March 8, 2012