Third-Party Software for Partnership and Economic Development Surcharge Tax e-File Returns
Business taxpayers have the option of purchasing and using third-party software to prepare and electronically file and pay their Partnership and Economic Development Surcharge tax returns. While the Wisconsin Department of Revenue does not charge for electronic filing of tax returns, third-party vendors typically charge a fee for their software products and services. These products vary in price and features. Filers should keep in mind:
- Software is supplied directly by the developer of that software, not the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. In most cases, you can download or purchase software from an Internet site and pay with a credit card.
- The purchase price of the software may or may not include preparation of the returns. Electronic filing of your returns may require that you pay an additional fee to the software vendor at the time of filing.
- Filers should keep a copy of the return and acknowledgement for their records.
Approved Vendor List
These sites are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR). Their software products have been tested to ensure their reliability and value; however, DOR does not guarantee any aspect of the software, its features or performance. The private software vendor companies and websites are not contractually associated with DOR. Please make sure the software vendor company supports all of the forms and schedules you need to electronically file your corporation franchise or income tax return.
|Product Name/Company||Web Address||Wisconsin Forms Supported|
| Agile Tax (Thomson Reuters)
Telephone (855) 244-5382
|ATX 2014 (CCHSFS-ATX)
Telephone (800) 638-8291
|Blockworks (H & R Block Inc)
Telephone (800) 473-5625
|hrblock.com||Forms 3, 1-CNP, PW-1|
Telephone (800) 966-1639
|www.corptax.com||Forms 3, 1-CNP, PW-1|
Telephone (828) 524-8020
| GoSystem Tax
Telephone (800) 968-8900
|cs.thomsonreuters.com/gosystem/||Forms 3, 1-CNP, PW-1|
Telephone (800) 765-7777
Telephone (800) 945-2820
|ProSystem fx (CCH))
Telephone (800) 739-9998
|cchgroup.com||Forms 3, 1-CNP, PW-1|
Telephone (319) 373-3600
|taxact.com||Forms 3, PW-1*|
| TaxSlayer Pro
Telephone (888) 420-1040
Telephone (770) 857-5000
| UltraTax CS (CS Professional Suite)
Thomson Creative Solutions
Telephone (800) 968-8900
|cs.thomsonreuters.com||Forms 3, 1-CNP, PW-1|
| Vertex Income Tax - Domestic
Telephone (800) 635-1120
|www.vertexinc.com||Forms 3, 1-CNP, PW‑1|
Benefits of Electronic Filing
- Online or electronic filing offers a number of benefits including speed, accuracy, and convenience.
- You receive confirmation that the Wisconsin Department of Revenue has received your tax returns.
- You may initiate an electronic payment at the same time you transmit your return.
- Amended returns are accepted electronically by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
For more information about vendor products, security, pricing, features, technical support, and other aspects, visit their websites or contact them by phone. It's worth repeating: these products differ in price and features. Look at the total package; investigate all your options.
February 27, 2015
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of February 27, 2015. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.