Motor Fuel Tax e-File - Acknowledgements
The department will generate an acknowledgement of acceptance or rejection for all returns received. There are two categories of errors, XML validation errors and secondary validation (business rule) errors. For XML validation errors, the rule number will be 001 and there will be a more detailed error in the ErrorMessage. Each secondary/business rule validation has its own rule number and explanation. A list of the secondary validation/business rules is available at the Front End validation link.
You should allow one business day to receive the state acknowledgement before contacting the department. Most acknowledgements will be available within an hour.
- The acknowledgement schema Acknowledgement.xsd
- Motor Fuel Tax e-File Acknowledgement Analysis
- Acknowledgement file name - The acknowledgement file will have the same name as the return with a single letter appended to the end ‘R' for response and ‘E' for error.
- Sample acknowledgement - Accepted
- Sample acknowledgement - Rejected
June 16, 2011
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of July 29, 2014. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.