MeF Individual Income Tax Return e-File
The Modernized e-File (MeF) Fed/State program includes:
- Electronically file Wisconsin individual income tax returns with the federal return in a single electronic transmission!
- You may also file the Wisconsin return alone.
- Single point User Authentication will be provided by IRS.
- The IRS will forward the Wisconsin returns to the Department of Revenue for processing. Wisconsin will send an acknowledgement for each return.
- PDF attachments are supported.
The Wisconsin program includes:
- Forms WI-Z, 1, 1A, 1-ES, 1NPR, 1X, H, XNOL and most major supporting schedules (see user guide for details).
- Option of Direct Deposit of refunds.
- Option of Direct Debit (ACH Debit origination) for balances due and estimated tax payments.
- Direct Debit requests allow warehousing up to one year.
To correctly view schemas and sample instance documents, you must use Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher. The spreadsheets are in Microsoft Excel.
September 2, 2014
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of September 2, 2014. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.