Third-Party Software for Fiduciary, Estate and Trust e-File Returns
To electronically file a Wisconsin fiduciary income tax return for an estate or trust, you can either:
- Use the department's free Wisconsin e-file application; or
- Purchase and use third-party software.
While the department does not charge for electronic filing of tax returns, third-party vendors typically charge a fee for their software products and services. These products vary in price and features. Filers should keep in mind:
- Software is supplied directly by the developer of that software, not the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. In most cases, you can download or purchase software from an Internet site and pay with a credit card.
- The purchase price of the software may or may not include preparation of the returns. Electronic filing of your returns may require that you pay an additional fee to the software vendor at the time of filing.
- Filers should keep a copy of the return and acknowledgement for their records.
Approved Vendor List
These sites are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR). Their software products have been tested to ensure DOR can receive and process the tax return; however, DOR does not guarantee any aspect of the software, its features or performance. Please make sure the software vendor company supports all of the forms and schedules you need to electronically file your fiduciary, estate or trust tax return.
|Product Name/Company||Web Address||Wisconsin Forms Supported|
| ATX (CCH, Small Firm Services)
Telephone (866) 345-4172
|atxinc.com|| Form 2 (Estates and Trusts)
| CCH (Small Firm Services (TaxWise)
Telephone (866) 641-9473
|taxwise.com||Form 2 (Estates and Trusts)|
|Go System - One Source
Telephone (800) 968-8900
|cs.thomsonreuters.com/gosystem||Form 2 (Estates and Trusts)
Telephone (800) 765-7777
|http://accountants.intuit.com/tax/lacerte/||Form 2 (Estates and Trusts)|
|ProSystem fx (Professional Package)
Telephone (800) 739-9998, Option 1
|cchgroup.com||Form 2 (Estates and Trusts)
|TurboTax||turbotax.com||Form 2 (Estates and Trusts)|
|UltraTax CS/CS Professional Suite
Telephone (800) 968-8900
|cs.thomsonreuters.com/UltraTaxCS||Form 2 (Estates and Trusts), Schedule CC, Form PW-1|
Benefits of Electronic Filing
- Online or electronic filing offers a number of benefits including speed, accuracy, and convenience.
- You receive confirmation that the Wisconsin Department of Revenue has received your tax returns.
- You may initiate an electronic payment at the same time you transmit your return.
- Amended returns are accepted electronically by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
For more information about vendor products, security, pricing, features, technical support, and other aspects, visit their web sites or contact them by phone. It's worth repeating: these products differ in price and features. Look at the total package; investigate all your options.
Last updated March 11, 2013