Electronic Funds Transfer - General Information
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) offers and accepts electronic funds transfer (EFT) to pay most taxes. Electronic funds transfer is a safe and efficient process for making tax payments. All transactions are governed by strict, nationally established security procedures and occur between financial institutions only at your request.
Benefits to making EFT payments:
- allows you to pay your taxes automatically from your bank account.
- eliminates the need to write checks.
- simplifies the payment of taxes.
- saves you time and money on postage and mailing checks.
- ensures timely tax payments.
- deducts the tax payments from your account on the day you specify.
- eliminates the risk of your payments being lost in the mail.
- ensures that payments can be located.
- provides security and confidentiality for all transactions.
- for some tax types, the need to fill out a paper form is eliminated.
Tax Payment Due Dates and Holidays
- When a tax due date falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the tax due date is extended to the next business day immediately following the weekend or holiday.
- For electronically filed payments, the banking system cannot process or "settle" EFT payments when Federal Reserve Banks are closed. The "settlement" date, or the date you wish to transfer your payment, should not be a weekend or any date the Federal Reserve Banks are closed.
- The following schedule - EFT BANK HOLIDAYS - shows the Federal Reserve Bank holidays. You cannot transfer your tax payments on these holidays.
DOR offers taxpayers the following EFT programs:
|1. Individuals||2. Businesses|
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Tax Operations Bureau
PO Box 8902, MS 3-80
Madison, WI 53708-8902
Phone: (608) 266-2776
Fax: (608) 264-6884
Email additional questions to DORBusinessTax@revenue.wi.gov
November 20, 2014
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of November 20, 2014. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.