Electronic Payments - Income, Corporation and Other Taxes
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) offers online payment for:
- corporation taxes (estimated payments, return payments and bill payments)
- employee wage attachments
- excise taxes
- motor fuel taxes
- individual income taxes (estimated and return payments)
- local exposition district taxes
- pass-through withholding taxes (estimated and return payments)
- police and fire protection fees
- premier resort taxes
- real estate transfer fee
- sales and use taxes
- utility taxes
- withholding (employer) taxes
Wisconsin Administrative Rule Tax 1.12 authorizes the Department of Revenue to require electronic payment for taxpayers whose tax due exceeds certain amounts. If you are required to pay electronically, you will be notified by the Department. Taxpayers not required by this rule to pay electronically may do so voluntarily.
The payment options available are the Automated Clearing House (ACH) debit and ACH credit.
- ACH Debit - The ACH debit method allows you to transfer funds by instructing the state to electronically debit a bank account you control. There is no cost for this type of payment transaction. This option is recommended because of the simplicity and cost savings to the taxpayer. To pay using the ACH Debit payment method, please visit our Online Payment page.
- ACH Credit - The ACH credit method allows you to transfer funds by instructing your financial institution to debit your account and credit the state's bank account. Financial institutions may charge a fee for making ACH credit payments. For instructions to initiate ACH Credit payments, please visit our ACH Credit Instruction page.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Customer Service Bureau
P.O. Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: (608) 266-2776
Fax: (608) 267-1030
E-Mail Additional Questions
Last updated June 6, 2011