Third-Party Software for Corporation Franchise and Income Tax e-file Returns
Business taxpayers may use third-party software to prepare and electronically file and pay their corporation franchise or income tax returns. While the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) does not charge for electronic filing of tax returns, third-party vendors typically charge a fee for their software products and services. These products vary in price and features. Filers should keep in mind:
- Software is supplied directly by the developer of that software, not DOR. In most cases, you can download software from an Internet site and pay with a credit card.
- The purchase price of the software may or may not include preparation of the returns. Electronic filing may require that you pay an additional fee to the software vendor at the time of filing.
- Filers should keep a copy of the return and acknowledgement for their records.
Approved Vendor List
These sites are approved by DOR. Their software products have been tested to ensure their reliability; however, DOR does not guarantee any aspect of the software, its features or performance. The third-party software vendors and websites are not contractually associated with DOR. Make sure the software vendor company supports all of the forms and schedules you need to electronically file your corporation franchise and income tax returns.
|Product Name/Company||Web Address||Wisconsin Forms Supported|
|Agile Tax (Thomson Reuters)
Telephone (855) 244 5382
|agiletax.com||Forms 4, 5S|
|ATX 2013 (CCHSFS-ATX)
Telephone (800) 638-8291
|atxinc.com||Forms 4, 5, 5S|
|Blockworks (H & R Block Inc)
Telephone (800) 473-5625
|hrblock.com||Forms 4*, 4 (Combined)*, 5*, 5S*, 1-CNS*, PW-1*|
|Corptax (Corptax, Inc)
Telephone (800) 966-1639
|corptax.com||Forms 4, 4 (Combined)*, 5*, 5S, 1-CNS, PW 1*|
Telephone (828) 524-8020
|drakesoftware.com||Forms 5, 5S|
Telephone (800) 968-8900
|cs.thomsonreuters.com/gosystem/||Forms 4,4 (Combined), 5*, 5S*, 1-CNS, PW-1*|
Telephone (800) 765-7777
|lacertesoftware.com||Forms 4, 4 (Combined)*, 5, 5S|
Telephone (816) 232-9095
|oltpro.com||Forms 4, 5|
Telephone (800) 945-2820
|proseries.com||Forms 4, 5*, 5S|
|ProSystem fx (CCH))
Telephone (800) 739-9985
|cchgroup.com||Forms 4, 4 (Combined), 5, 5S, 1-CNS, PW 1|
Telephone (319) 373-3600
|taxact.com||Forms 4, 5, 5S, PW-1*|
Telephone (888) 420-1040
|taxslayerpro.com||Forms 4, 5, 5S|
Telephone (770) 857-5000
|taxwise.com||Forms 4*, 5, 5S|
|UltraTax CS (CS Professional Suite) Thomson Creative Solutions Telephone (800) 968-8900||cs.thomsonreuters.com||Forms 4, 4 (Combined)*, 4H, 5, 5S*, 1-CNS, PW 1|
|Vertex Income Tax - Domestic
Telephone (800) 635-1120
|vertexinc.com||Forms 4, 4 (Combined)*|
*Testing In Progress
Benefits of Electronic Filing
- Online or electronic filing offers a number of benefits including speed, accuracy, and convenience.
- You receive confirmation that DOR has received your tax returns.
- You may initiate an electronic payment at the same time you transmit your return.
- Amended returns are accepted electronically by DOR.
For more information about vendor products, security, pricing, features, technical support, and other aspects, visit their websites or contact them by phone. It's worth repeating: these products differ in price and features. Look at the total package; investigate all your options.
Last updated February 5, 2014