The Wisconsin Department of Revenue:
- Administers the state's major tax laws, including the collection of individual income taxes, sales taxes, corporate income taxes and excise taxes
- Assists local governments in property assessment and financial management
- Administers programs that provide state financial aid to local governments
- Estimates state revenues and forecasts state economic activity
- Helps formulate state tax policy
- Administers the Wisconsin Lottery, which provides property tax relief for homeowners
Our agency administers Wisconsin's tax system to provide revenue to fund state and local government services. We strive to provide taxpayers with clear information about our tax laws, promote voluntary compliance, and assure tax collection fairness.